It is important to remember baggage information can change frequently. Use this information as your starting point, but always check with your airline for any changes as you book your flights.
Each traveler can bring on board one carry-on bag plus one personal item free of charge. To help make the boarding process as smooth as possible for everyone, please make sure that these items are within the size limits described below, so they’ll fit into the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you
Backpack, purse, computer bag or other bag you want to use to carry your personal belongings need to be 17″ x 10″ x 9″ to properly and safely fit on the plane.
- Each customer is allowed 1 carry-on bag
- Size 22” x 14” x 9”
Passengers are advised to carry-on medicines, keys, passport, and travel documents
Screening of Carry-on Bags
- Liquids and gels must be in containers of 3.4 ounces or less. Place your containers in a single, one-quart zip-top plastic bag
- Remove the plastic bag from your carry-on bag and put it in a screening bin
- Place metal objects, such as coins and keys, in your carry-on bag
- Put laptop computers and other electronic devices in a screening bin
- Remove shoes, jackets and belts and put them in screening bins
Do not carry ammunition in your checked or carry-on luggage. While this may sound obvious, it’s amazing how many shotgun shells and bullets are confiscated by airport security everyday.
- 50 pounds or less
- Length + width + height= under 62″
- Fees applied
All checked baggage must be processed according to Kearney Regional Airport check-in times to ensure your bags are loaded onto your flight. All baggage is subject to inspection.
Screening of Checked Bags
- Review the list of prohibited items shown on the TSA website
- Carry valuable items, such as cash, jewelry, medication and keys, with you on board the aircraft
- Avoid packing fragile items in checked bags
- Place your name, address and telephone number on the outside and inside of your baggage
- Remove straps and other protruding objects
- Lock your checked baggage with an approved lock
Those with checked bags should arrive 60 minutes before take-off.
Overweight/Oversize Baggage (not accepted)
- Over 100 pounds
- Over 115 inches
- Items over 100 pounds must travel as cargo
Transferring Bags to Connecting Airlines
United Airlines does not have baggage transfer agreements with all of the airlines operating from Denver International Airport (DIA). If you are unsure, check with your airline before booking.
*All other connecting flight baggage will be returned to passenger in Denver, and need to be rechecked.
Tip: To help keep track of your baggage, identify it with something you will immediately recognize, such as bright tape, ribbon, labels, or bright string.
- Active duty military personnel traveling for personal travel may check two (3) bags (up to 70lbs each) free-of-charge.
- Active duty military personnel and dependents traveling on military orders may check two (5) bags (up to 100lbs.) free-of-charge.
- Excess baggage fee or overweight/oversize baggage fees will apply.